"Errrrrr – can you somehow mix it back? I feel like I‘m singing to myself in my ear."
- Michael Krusch
That was, what I recently had to hear in a vocal session. Actually, that says quite a lot about the VTRC. Since about two months I call the channel my own and I can no longer imagine my studio setup without this device. My absolute favorite for vocal recordings - but also versatile - guitars, snares - something is always working.
I have been looking for a long time for a decent, affordable channel strip that meets my requirements. Mostly you are missing something - the EQ sounds bad, the compressor runs at a very preliminary stage, or the pre-stage is too thin. I cannot complain about anything about my VTRC. This is really extraordinary.
When unpacking it I was pleasantly surprised. Who does not know it - one thousand small knobs and you are puzzled. This is not the case with VTRC - large potentiometers (rasterized - I love it), stable toggle switch and everything clearly arranged.
My favorite knob is the Gain regulator. The sound in the pre-stage is great but when using the gain regulator the sound is so phat, that you are deeply moved.
The EQ works wide-band and clean. Compressors (2!) sound very neat - and do what they should, without breaking the signal. To take peaks - no problem - compression - neither!
No matter what kind of mic I connect to Vocal Recordings – In the mix the voice is always ahead of the band without being intrusive loud.
Quite honestly: It must always go fast - and with the VTRC you cannot do anything wrong. It is the ideal tool. Thanks to the combo jack on the front, there is no problem processing signals.
I am more than delighted with the VTRC – it deserves clearly a “thumbs up” - or as a good American colleague, who recently worked with me, said: "That's probably the best strip I've ever used - and I've used a bunch ".
Single Coil Studio Regensburg
- Jake Roeder - Germany
- Skware - USA
- The Go Set - Australia
- Elli - German Idol Winner - Germany
- ACDC Revival Band - Germany
- Luis Trinkers Höhenrausch - Germany
- Morgan Finlay - Canada
- Shane O'Fearghail - Ireland
- Die Happy - Germany (Toursupport "unplugged & accoustic Tour 2009")
- Erwin und die Heckflossen - Germany (Top 40 Band)
- Milk! - Germany
- Kellner - Germany
- Shane Baker - Muscle Shoals, USA
- Killian McGrath/ Ireland - Shine on - (Arranging, Producing, Piano, Guitars, Bass)
- Nevio/ Germany - Due - (Editing)
- Gitte/ Germany - Was ihr wollt (Guitars, Vocals)
- EON/ Germany - Ten Stars for Christmas (Guitars, Bass, Ukulele, Backing Vocals, Editing, Arranging, Engineering)
- Chirho/ Germany/England - (Editing, Guitars)
- Helmut Hattler, Siyou/ Germany - Lovely Place Germany (Guitars)
- Schinderhannes/ Germany - Von einem anderen Stern (Live Recording)
- Kellner/ Germany (Live Recording, Mixing, Video, Engineering Record "The Road Sessions")
- Volkan Baydar - former Orange Blue/ Germany (Guitars, Vocals, Engineering)
- Saint Lou/ Germany - (Engineering, Recording)
- Sick Sick Sick/ Germany (Producing, Arranging, Mixing)
- Alpenköniginnen (Engineering, Recording)
- Donikkl (Engineering, Recording)
- D'Raith Schwestern und Da Blaimer/Deepest Bavaria - (Engineering, Recording)
- Senit/ Italy-San Marino (Engineering, Recording, Guitars, Backing Vocals on "Stand By" Song for San Marino on Eurovision Song Contest 2011)
- Gregor Meyle/ Germany (Guitars, Bass, Engineering)
- Adoro/Germany (Engineering)
Producers/ writers worked with:
- Christian Lohr/ Germany (Gianna Nannini, Joss Stone, Sting, Udo Jürgens, Christina Stürmer uvm.)
- Gary Baker/ Florence, USA (writer of "I swear", Backstreet Boys, Lee Ann Rhimes, Nick Lache, Lonestar uvm.)
- Rolf Stauffacher/ Frauenfeld, Switzerland (Max Lesser, Salomon Burke, Gianna Nannini, Pippo Polina uvm.)
- Bernhard Frank/ Regensburg, Germany (Moodorama, uvm.)
- Patty Mayer/ Berlin, Germany (Saint Lou, Wir sind Helden uvm.)
- Anthony Little/ Miami, USA (Tina Turner, Monrose uvm.)
- Maya Singh/ Germany (Sarah Connor, Christina Stürmer uvm.)
- Adam Browder/ Nashville, USA (Kip Moore, The Shoals, Erin Brokovic uvm.)
- Dough Stokes/ Columbia, USA (The Shoals, Minny Murphy uvm.)
- Josh Haselton/ Florence, USA (Lenny LeBlanc, Skware uvm.)
Matt Johnson/ Muscle Shoals, USA (Matthew Craig, Skware, Noiseblock uvm.)
- Shane Baker/ Muscle Shoals, USA (Shane Baker Band, Noisenlock uvm.)
- Killian McGrath/ Dublin, Irland
- Dave Haselton/ Birmingham, USA
- Steve King/ New York, USA
- Rob Collier/ Florence, USA
- Bianca Handl/ Elite Models, Germany